Return to Training Protocols
Last Updated: 30 June 2020.
Returning to play in a safe, hygienic and controlled manner is paramount to the Officer Kangaroos Junior Football Club. The safety and well-being of our participants is our number one priority.
Following the Victorian State Government advice around the return of community sport, AFL Victoria has endorsed a return to club sanctioned small outdoor group training at community football level from Monday 25 May 2020 provided participants follow the relevant Victorian State Government guidelines and AFL Victoria’s COVID-19 guidelines.
The Officer Kangaroos JFC Committee is working through the guidelines and preparing for a return to training which will be after the 25 May suggested commencement date.
In advance of training recommencing we encourage our parents and volunteers to digest the protocols (can be downloaded at the bottom of the page) and also refer to our COVID-19 Resource Page here.
AFL Vic, SEJ and the Officer Kangaroos’ JFC primary focus is preparing to return to train in a safe environment in a well-prepared and educated manner. In order for this return to small outdoor group training to be successful, and in line with Government advice, it is essential that clubs and individuals work within the timelines and protocols and do not move ahead of the level and restrictions in place.
That being the case, we need to make it clear that if these guidelines aren’t followed, the Club reserves the right to terminate training for an individual team or ALL teams at any time.
Important – Returning to training is optional.
The Club will:
- Do everything it can to provide a safe, hygienic and controlled environment for our players to return to;
- Ensure it’s volunteers are educated and prepared as best they can be;
- Keep our parents informed – we will set up a page on our website with all the Government and AFL Vic resources outlining the T&C’s around the return to training protocols.
In return, we ask our Parents to:
- Ensure they read the RTTP and completely understand their obligations;
- Be supportive of the Club and it’s volunteers as they work through these protocols to ensure training can re-commence;
- If they have questions, direct them in writing to either (i) The President, Shayne Honey firstname.lastname@example.org or our COVID Safety Officer Kim Isaacs email@example.com.
Click below to download:
In summary, these are the key points:
- A maximum of twenty (20) participants (not including a coach and minimum support staff) only allowed per group;
- The groups of twenty (20) cannot mix;
- There will be two (2) groups of twenty (20) on an oval at any one time;
- Strictly NO physical contact between players;
- No access to club rooms, change rooms or toilets;
- Social distancing of 1.5m must be maintained at all times;
- No spectators (parents/siblings) to group together, stay in your cars;
- ALL players who attend training sessions must register their attendance;
- If you or people you have been in contact with are sick DO NOT attend training;
- The Club has a designated COVID Safety Officer (Kim Isaacs) and will have a committee representative in attendance (in Hi Viz vests) at all training sessions to field any queries from parents.
The Club committee has decided that training can recommence on Sunday 7 June for all teams.
Training on Sundays:
- Allows teams to train at an approximate time their games would be;
- Allows us the opportunity to utilise three grounds (Railway & Highway Ovals at Heatherbrae and the Eastern Oval at Starling Rd);
- Saves money by not having the lights on each night (important as we do not have any incoming revenue at the moment);
- Will hopefully be warmer with the sun out than the dew of night air, another factor in keeping our kids safe.
We realise 7 June is a long weekend and we expect some lower numbers, allowing us to begin training, monitor, evaluate safety and make changes accordingly before everyone is back.
Coaches have been provided a draft timing and location plan that can be communicated to you (we don’t expect any major changes) as soon as possible.