** Pick My Project – a $200,000 grant for Officer Sports & Community Groups **
It only takes 5 minutes to register and vote!!
Dear Officer Kangaroos JFC Members & Supporters,
For many years now the Officer Rec Reserve Committee has been working on and campaigning to build new and improved rooms at Starling Road to better meet the growing needs of the sports clubs and community groups that currently use the facility with parts built in 1972 and 1983.
As our neighbours in Pakenham, Beaconsfield and Berwick have improved their facilities over the years it’s time for us to do the same.
Our football, cricket, netball, reserve committee and community groups are committing over $200,000 of their own money to the project. That’s a lot of raffles, sausage sizzles and fund raising. It’s not enough though – we need additional funds and this can help us.
Pick my Project is a new Victorian Government grants initiative to provide funding to project across regional and metro communities. We urgently need our members, families and friends of our clubs and community groups to vote and get us over the line.
JUMP ONLINE NOW – VOTING ENDS 17 SEPTEMBER.
1. Any member of the public can vote, just register here at https://pickmyproject.vic.gov.
2. Select your local community by entering your address and browse the project ideas that will come up based on the address you have entered;
3. Browse to find the, “Joint Use Community Function Room” at Officer and select it as one of your projects;
4. Continue to browse and select another two from the 30 on offer (You have to shortlist three (3) projects in total#), verify your mobile number and submit to make your votes count;
5. (Optional) Go to the comments section in our project and make a comment showing your support publicly. Everything helps.
# Note – This is a popularity contest and we are up against 29 other projects fighting for the pool of money on offer. Because you have to shortlist and submit three projects, to ensure your vote for our project gets the maximum effect, browse through and find other projects that may not have many votes/comments and shortlist them as your number two and three.
Finally, voting ends on 17 September and the projects with the most votes win. We have $200,000 on the line here.
For more information on what’s happening at the Officer Rec Reserve click here